5 Essential Ingredients for Your Content Marketing Casserole
Content marketing is one of the most important forms of digital marketing for just about every industry. With its ability to captivate, engage, and attract customers, producing competent and compelling content is a must for businesses in this digital age. Here are five ingredients that must be added to any piece of content you are producing to be consumed online.
- Eye-Catching Headline: According to Copyblogger, 80% of people will read your headline, but only 20% will read the rest of the content. A good headline captivates people’s interest and draws them in to read more. If your content doesn’t start with a bang at the headline, then what is the point of writing anything after that if no one will read it? Take your time with your headline, and come up with a couple of different ones so that your content is seen by your audience.
- Speaks to a Specific Audience: You need to know who is buying your products or hiring you for your services and write to them. For example, if you're running a nonprofit organization, then write content that engages an audience into your cause and inspire them to donate their time or money. Also, be aware of the tone of your content. If you sell high-tech solutions to IT professionals, then your content should be more technical, so that you establish yourself as an authority who speaks and understands the jargon. However, if you sell those same high-tech solutions to less tech-savvy individuals, keep your content more simple. The point is to know your demographic and speak to them.
- Easy-to-Read Format: Good content on the web is laid out in a way that is quick and easy to read. Be sure that your content is broken up into sections. A lot of readers skim the bolded sections to quickly absorb the content’s message and then read the explanations if they don’t understand it.
- Includes a Call to Action: So, you got someone to read your content. Be sure to tell them to do something in the end, such as “Please browse the rest of our blogs for even more tips” or “Contact us today to find out how we can help.” The purpose of content is to relay your brand’s message and educate your audience.
- Optimized for SEO Purposes: So, you have a great headline, content that speaks to your targeted audience, and an effective call to action...now what? If you haven’t implemented an SEO strategy behind that content, then just watch that content do nothing for you. Implementing an effective keyword strategy and using RELEVANT keywords in your content will help it become indexed in the search engines, resulting in better search results. Put that content to good use with keywords, but do not oversaturate it with them as it can turn your reader off.
Content marketing is here to stay and unless you are doing it correctly, you risk that content not achieving the goals it can accomplish. We understand that creating an effective content marketing strategy can be overwhelming, and that is why The Contentinators® is here for you. Reach out to us to find out how we can get your content read, shared, and talked about. 866-471-4748.