How Content Marketing Drives Digital Micro Moments
Mobile has revolutionized the way we talk about, engage with, and research brands. It has allowed us to create digital micro-moments that, as consumers, allow us to make more informed purchasing decisions. The consumer’s journey is now broken up into several real-time, intent-driven micro-moments, and each one of these moments is an opportunity for a brand to shape the consumer’s decisions and disposition. Google has been intensely researching these micro-moments and the consumers that take part in them to get to analyze the new consumer experience.
There are three elements to consider when reviewing consumer behavior in these new micro-moments:
- Immediate Action: Due to having a wealth of information at our fingertips through smartphones and tablets, we are able to act at any impulse at any time. So, for example, with platforms like Amazon and eBay, consumers can make immediate purchases.
- Demand for Relevance: Because of the technological revolution we’ve experienced in the past ten years, product and service accessibility has made us impatient with high expectations. That’s why when you put your brand name out there you need to make sure you’re considering quality, relevance, and utility of the information.
- Loyalty to Consumer Needs: So, in a race for visibility when these micro-moments occur, the brands that serve the consumers’ needs best in the moment will win this rat race.
With that being said, Google has found some interesting data after speaking with real people with real needs in real moments. Let’s explore some of those insights, shall we?
- 82% of smartphone users turn to their phone to influence a purchase decision while in a store.
- Some of those real-time moments have consumers asking “Is it worth it?” by justifying purchasing a higher-priced item while in a store. They are also looking for their “Show Me How” queries to be reconciled while in the store to ensure they will be able to have the confidence to use their new product prior to purchasing.
- 62% of smartphone users are more likely to take action right away toward solving an unexpected problem or new task because they have a smartphone.
- When something of utility breaks or unexpectedly stops working, consumers turn to their smartphones to replace that item right away in the “Time For a New One Moments.”
- When a sudden demand comes for a product, his or her smartphone is the first thing a consumer will turn to in order to address the “Didn’t Plan for This Moments.”
- 90% of smartphone users have used their phone to make progress toward a long-term goal or multi-step process while “out and about.”
- When confronting a large purchasing decision, consumers will use their smartphones to help further their process like in the purchase of a new home. There are several apps and websites that can help consumers take the right steps to make that purchase in the “One-Step-At-A-Time Moments.”
- Consumers that are taking part in “Ready-For-A-Change Moments” use their smartphone to do research, fill out applications, and inquiry forms, as well as take the necessary steps to make that large change in their life.
- 91% of smartphone users turn to their phone for ideas while doing a given task.
- “New-Day-New-Me Moments” are consumers reaching out to get ideas to change their look or their daily routine through content (blogs, videos, etc).
- “I-Wanna-Talk-To-A-Human Moments” occur when a brand can be easily accessible through a phone or storefront when searched.
So, as a brand and a business, you want to be available to your consumers when these micro-moments occur, right?
Let’s go through some of the steps you can do to make your brand as visible as possible in the most useful way to your target market.
Map Out the Important Moments
Try to identify the moments that you want to be available for. Map out the opportunities in which you can take advantage by just being there for your consumers and start creating content to be found.
Take a Detailed Look at Your Consumer’s Needs In The Moment
Try to make the purchasing decisions or process as easy and fast as possible by identifying potential obstacles or shortcuts that you can utilize to your advantage.
Take Advantage of Time & Location
By creating moments located in time and in a location, you are creating content that seems tailormade for your demographic. Look at seasonality, time of the day, location of your customers, etc.
Make Sure Your Content is Responsive
Your consumers are moving across a variety of devices when looking for relevant and useful information pertaining to your brand. Make sure your brand content and message responds across each of those devices.
Measure & Analyze
Taking a step back and looking at strategy and the results its yielding is always necessary when running a marketing and advertising campaign. Catering to these micro-moments is no exception. Even if it’s difficult to measure, try to find the value so you can capitalize on what’s bring in the most capital.
Don’t lose out on your consumers just because you haven’t adapted to the rapid shift in consumer behavior. Be on the forefront of a revolution. You won’t be sorry you did. To view more insights on consumer micro-moments, click here. To create incredible content to serve your customers in these micro-moments, contact The Contentinators®. We have content marketing packages that serve you with a variety of content like blogs, infographics, and videos so you can be there when your target market starts searching.