Why Customer-Centric Content Marketing Is a Win-Win Strategy
You love your customers. You work very hard on a daily basis to deliver the best results, services, or products. Customer success is your mantra, and that’s great. But have you ever thought that your customers could be more than a financial resource for your business? Each of your customers could become the best influencer for your business. Whether you are a B2B or a B2C business, adding your customers to the content marketing formula can be a great success for your brand. In the end, it all comes to word-of-mouth, which is the best marketing technique that has been out there since 1880.
In fact, according to research from McKinsey, 91% of B2B purchasers said that their buying decisions were influenced by word-of-mouth, which makes it vital for your business to start creating this type of digital content as soon as possible. Marketers have to incorporate this oldest form of marketing in their content creation strategy to make an impact in their audience. Let’s analyze the benefits that customer-centric content creation could have for your business:
- Benefit #1: Involves your customers in the content creation process and make theirs count.
- Benefit #2: Earns your audience’s trust.
- Benefit #3: Engages and empathizes with your clients.
- Benefit #4: Attracts future businesses.
- Benefit #5: Increases your engagement.
Nice, right? Now that you’ve been sold by the amazing benefits of customer-centric content marketing, let’s make it happen. Here are four techniques that you can start implementing today in your content creation process to leverage the impact of your content among your main audience.
- How #2: Connect with your audience in a more personal and emotional way. Showing them the real human touch and values of your company will set you apart from your competitors. An excellent example of this strategy is what the company Hoover did. This vacuum cleaner company used a drawing of a vacuum cleaner that one of their customers with autism sent them, and transformed it into an amazing viral marketing campaign:
- How #3: Salesy content will take you nowhere. Instead, try to show your audience how beneficial your product or service could be in a more creative way. What if you show your audience how others are using your product or service to benefit themselves? Dropbox does a pretty good job of creating this type of promotional content in a less obvious way, through rich and entertaining stories that others can learn from:
- How #4: Ask your audience what topic or type of content they would like to see in your next blog. Make them part of your editorial calendar; suggest to them two possible blog ideas, and let them choose for the one they would like to read. You can also run your own research or study compiling the best answers from your clients. Wouldn’t it be interesting to know from their own perspective something like: “What’s the main reason that will make you buy again from the same store?” Once you collect all of their answers, you’ll be able to compile all those answers in a nice blog post that will give voice to your main influencers, but what’s more, it will get shared by each of the participants within their social media communities.
By creating content that places your customers into the equation, you will unlock a new level of engagement in your content marketing game! People appreciate epic stories, especially if there’s something to learn from them. So, go ahead and start implementing some of these techniques to amplify the reach and impact of your content. If you need help while creating any of your blogs, don’t forget to drop us a line--we are here for you!