Why Videos Should Be Your Top Content Marketing Priority.
If there’s one marketing key that your company needs to implement to successfully promote their products or services nowadays it’s content marketing. As we’ve mentioned in previous blogs, content will help you engage with your audience in a more human way, getting the online attention that you are looking for as a business. However, when people think about content, they tend to limit it to blogs, when in reality, content marketing is more than written words. In fact, video can and will increase the chances to engage with your users--increasing not only the time they spend on your website and other online channels, but also the return of investment.
Just so you can picture it better, our team has compiled some stats that support the fact that video should be your top priority on your content marketing list this year:
- By 2017, experts believe that video will have risen to 69% of consumer Internet traffic. (Source: HighQ)
- 59% of senior executives agree that if text and video are available on the same topic, on the same page, they prefer to watch the video. (Source: HighQ)
- Video content increases CTR (click through rates) by 65%. (Source: HighQ)
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI. (Source: eMarketer)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site, and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
Here are some ways to distribute your videos and some numbers that will show you how you could benefit from each channel in terms of engagement by incorporating video content:
- Facebook: Posting videos on our client’s Facebook page has proven to be a total win-win in terms of engagement. In fact, Facebook overtook YouTube in November 2014 becoming the first choice for brands to share and upload their videos directly. Creating a catchy title and a link back to your website would be a great idea to increase your engagement rates and also to bring some users to your website.
- Twitter: Keep in mind that this fast-paced social media channel makes it more difficult for your message to shine bright in the overwhelming Twitter feed, so by posting videos, the chances that users pay attention to your tweet will increase significantly. While you have to keep it short (1 minute), videos give you the opportunity to stand out from your competitors. According to one recent study from Twitter, 70% of users watch videos found in their feed. Selecting the right hashtag will play an important part in the success of your tweet.
- LinkedIn: According to Sprout Social Reports, including link of videos in your posts could result in a 75% higher share rate. Also, linking your videos back to your website would be a great opportunity to drive new users to the website and will help with your SEO efforts.
2.Blogs: Including videos in your blog will not only make your blog more appealing and entertaining, but it will also increase your user’s engagement. Blogs with videos in it will make your users spend more time on your website. Use the video to reinforce your message or to enrich the user’s reading. Be creative.
3.Email campaigns: Surprise your email subscribers with a remarkable video that will stay in their minds for the rest of the day. Keep in mind that your users are tired of reading tons of emails a day, so the power of video could be the perfect escape to see or learn something new when they’re taking a break. Remember to always link it back to your website and create a catchy subject to encourage your subscribers to open it. GetResponse reported that emails with video have a 5.6% higher open rate and a 96.4% higher click-through rate.
4.Youtube & Vimeo: Even though Youtube is not the number one video platform anymore, we can’t forget about the importance and the positive impact of uploading your videos to your Youtube account. According to YouTube, more than one billion viewers watch its videos each month, clocking over six billion hours. This is a huge community that you could start to benefit from by incorporating videos into your content marketing campaign. Just so you can make the most of your Youtube and Vimeo accounts, don’t forget to not only upload the video to these platforms but also to embed in your website. When uploading it to Youtube or Vimeo, add the link and a strategic description to go with it, including your keywords. Remember that Youtube is a search engine as well, and it will help your brand to show up in Google searches.
These are just some of the benefits that you could be missing out if you don’t start incorporating video content to your content marketing strategy today. Video marketing is a great opportunity to continue to engage with your audience in a more visual way. Test which channels work better for your video content and start increasing your engagement from your target audience like none else. If you are ready to take your content marketing strategy to the next level, The Contentinators™ are here to help, so give us a call at 866-471-4748 today!